The Capital Campaign focuses on three important areas:
- Renovating and expanding gallery spaces to provide the Museum with an opportunity to showcase its world-class Western American art collection on a permanent basis. Currently, existing gallery spaces restrict the number of items that can be displayed at any one time thus keeping valuable and interesting pieces of art hidden much of the time waiting to be shown again in rotation. Also, due to the age and condition of some of the existing spaces, upgrades are needed. To bring these collections to life, a state-of-the-art audio/visual system will be installed to engage visitors in a new and interactive way.
- Providing a stable environment that will enable the Museum to enhance its stewardship of the art and history collections that it holds in the public trust. This includes upgrades to the heating, cooling and humidification systems, burglar and fire alarm monitoring systems, and improvements to storage facilities and display fixtures.
- Providing funds to expand the Museum’s Endowment, ensuring its operations for future generations.
Different Ways to Stake Your Claim
Capital Campaign Committee
- Bobbye Rogers, Honorary Chair
- John Daub, Chair
- Sandy Chamberlain
- Dick DeVore
- Rusty Gant
- Dick Parran
- Vice President Dan Quayle
- Elaine Schweitzer
- Staff – W. James Burns. Ph.D., Executive Director
- Consultant – Barbara Meyerson, Principal, Barbara Meyerson LL